A Remarkable Way To Take Notes

I don't surf the web without pen and paper at hand. The problem is that it doesn't take too long for the notes to pile up. Last year I played with Evernote (the last free version) and it was good. Now I needed something similar on my Linux machine. Hopefully something that would have an 'export' function so I could carry info between machines on a USB drive just like a pdf document.

I found it. Go to www.tiddlywiki.com and follow the simple directions. There is no software to install. The application is coded in HTML and just by visiting the site you have already downloaded everything you need! Your next stop should be tiddlysnip.com where you will get a Firefox extension to enable web clipping directly into your Wiki.

The application runs with your web browser and is platform independent. It works on Windows, Mac, Linux and whatever. It works "as is" but if you are comfortable with a little HTML and JavaScript you can do some amazing things with it. Just follow the links on the website to get educated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scorecard

New Life For An Old Gadget

March Departs and so does Vista